Boy am I a honey lover! I always have loved it, plus it`s actually good for sore throats and rather healthy for you! So when Tropical Traditions
contacted me about trying their Canadian Organic Raw Honey
I was completely thrilled! Plus, they`re offering one of my readers their very own jar of this delicious honey!
Now, I have NEVER had raw honey before this point in my life. I always wanted to try it. So since this was my chance, I got myself a spoon and dug right on in! It tastes great! It taste like honey, of course, but instead of it being in a liquid type form, it`s a solid form. It`s a unique texture, but makes such a wonderful treat in my opinion! Honestly, I think I have new favorite honey now. Of course I can`t use this one as a liquid, but I do plan on eating this pretty often! I just can`t stress enough how wonderful this taste.
Also, Tropical Traditions carefully packages their products so that it arrives to you safe and unbroken. The customer service is superb every time I deal with them. I highly recommend them!
A Raw Product from the Wilderness
Tropical Traditions Organic Raw Honey comes from the frontier areas of Canada, and is only harvested during a 6-week period in the summer. Tropical Traditions is the exclusive source of this premium organic honey in the U.S. Most commercial honeys available on the market today come from bee farms, where the bees are controlled within a certain area and get their pollen from usually only one kind of flower. Many of the plants that produce these flowers (clover, orange blossom, etc.) are grown with pesticides and fertilizers as well. In addition, almost all honeys on the market are pasteurized in high heat and filtered, removing many of the beneficial nutrients and enzymes.
Tropical Traditions Organic Raw Honey has not been subjected to the heat of processing, only warmed enough to flow (same temperatures the honey would see inside the hive). We select only premium honey that is pure, smooth and creamy, with the consistency of soft margarine at harvest. It contains live yeast and enzymes, because it has not been processed. It also contains pollen because it has not been filteredâ€”merely screened.
Fine textured crystals are characteristic of totally pure, unheated, unprocessed, raw honey. Properly crystallized honey has a fine, smooth texture. Crystallized honey preserves natural goodness and doesnâ€™t drip. The more rapidly honey crystallizes the finer the texture will be. It will also turn harder over time as it crystallizes. Truly raw honeys do not deteriorate with age, but like fine wines, continue to age and develop into more complex tastes.
Certified Organic Raw Honey from Canada
In order for honey to be certified organic, the beehives must be placed in isolated areas miles from the dense population, industry, traffic congestion, and farm fields treated with chemicals and landfills. Second, a beeâ€™s flying range is determined by their natural instinct which tells them to stay within their natural four mile range from the hive location. Finding area which can be certified organic is extremely difficult, which is why there are so few certified organic honeys on the market. Tropical Traditions sources its honey from hives in the wild frontier areas of Canada.
These regions are a rich source of wild vegetation that produce some of the finest honey in the world. The USDA and Canadian Organic Certification implies a rigorous set of standards and conditions that must be adhered to by both the producer (beekeeper) and the packager. All aspects of the honey production including the source of the nectar, forage area of the bees, management of the bees, extracting process, transportation, â€œlotâ€ management, processing temperature, integrity (no co-mingling with non-organic honey), screening, and, packaging materials, are taken into account in the certification process.
Try some, and we think youâ€™ll agree that there is no finer honey in North America! Raw, organic, Canadian honey, available exclusively in the US through Tropical Traditions.
Want to give this yummy honey a try? Purchase some from here
! They have different sizes to choose from. Please use my referral ID if you make a purchase. (there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, they will choose "Referred by a friend." Underneath this will be a place that says: "Referred by 5773581")
** OPEN TO U.S. & Canada**
17.6oz Glass Jar of Organic Raw Honey
*This entry must be completed or all other entries will be deleted, You must mention that you are following this blog & complete the task.*
be a follower of this blog AND
visit Tropical Traditions
and come back and let me know what product you would love to try! Be sure to leave your email address. If I have no way to contact you, I will choose another winner.
1 comment=1 entry
When making an entry I DO verify you have done what you say & that the mandatory entry has been completed. If no mandatory entry was completed all other entries will not qualify. Also, do not just say "i want to win this" or it will be deleted.Â
- 5 entries - Make a Purchase from Tropical Traditions. (5 entries for each item you purchase) --You must use my referral ID for this (there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, they will choose "Referred by a friend." Underneath this will be a place that says: "Referred by 5773581")
- 1 entry - Subscribe to Tropical Traditions Newsletter
- (3 entries) Subscribe to my blog via Email & comment that you did so -if you already subscribed just let me know!
- (3 entries) Sign up for Swagbucks using my link. Be sure to let me know the 1st name & last initial you signed up under. --I WILL CHECK
- (3 entries) Subscribe to my Examiner Free Stuff Page
- (1 entry) Follow me onÂ Â Â Â Â Twitter & comment that you did so with your twitter user name -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Grab my button & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placed -if you did already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Digg my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile link
- (1 entry) Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet.
- (1 entry) Become a Fan on Facebook -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Subscribe to my blog via reader
- (1 entry) Follow my blog on Networked Blogs (right sidebar)
- (1 entry each)Â Subscribe to The Mommy Diary via email, google reader or follow with google friend connect.
- (5 entries) Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog. -You may blog more than once, 5 entries each --these can be done on a blog site, myspace, facebook, Gather, etc
- (1 entry) Leave a comment with your favorite item off Zazzle Me Ashley, Scrappin A Moment, Closet of Treasures Thrift Store. -1 entry for each one!
This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20.
Ends February 11, 2010
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Â Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.Â