Add one of these to your outdoor adventure gear!
Dimensions = 1430 x 380 x 160 mm*
- *Designed to fit 4 x Maxtrax or Tred's.
- Strap channels on bottom or top of bag to for different rack types.
- Channels allow you to develop a fixing system that works best for you.
- Double layer of canvas on the bottom with 4mm marine carpet in between. To help buffer tracks bouncing on tracks and damaging bag, rack or other gear.
- Heavy Duty 15oz Australian Bradmill canvas - Green
- Quick-release 50mm metal buckle with seat belt webbing.
- Easy to remove bag and store when back home.
- Ability to remove / replace tracks easily when needed fast.
- Canvas take the hit of UV from sun to prolong life of tracks.
- Better stealth / concealment of tracks of roof to reduce theft or increase vehicle appearance.
- Save fuel & weight by only carrying when needed.
- Keep all the dirt/mud/sand in the bag and simple hose out when home, save your paint.
The GEAR MATE 57 - QUICK RECOVERY TRACKS BAG
was born from wanting a solution to store recover tracks that was both portable & allowed easy access to the tracks when you need them. We wanted to create something that stayed in place to house the tracks on the road yet be easily removed for home. The bag idea grew from there and we are on prototype v3.0.
We have been noticing 4 things with recovery tracks:
1. They are becoming more abundant with more options available.
2. They are brightly colored and designed to stand out so you can find in the sand/mud - the bag helps conceal them so people may not notice you have them.
3. They are having shorter lives than required & failing when needed due to constant exposure to the sun's powerful UV rays (kills gear quickly) & cheaper materials being used with less R&D.
4. If they are key/code locked in place, people are reluctant to use them, defeating the purpose of having them. This bag is designed to be easily removed and portable so it does not live on your roof or can be moved from car to trailer or canopy or boat or mates etc...
we love creating solutions to your problems and so the bag idea was developed from feedback, observations plus testing prototypes over 24 months. The bag is currently custom-made in limited numbers by a local craftsman, Fred, from his home, who has been in the camping industry for over 35 years. These are made one at a time so they are a top-shelf item; just like a good whisky or rum. The reliability of stock will vary as Fred fits it into his retirement plans, why not!
Fred's work uses traditional folded and sewn seams plus solid 15oz canvas. The seams are double or triple stitched and stress points are tacked for additional strength. These bags are made to last and are a joy to use! They look and feel great, old school craftsmanship and a big thank you to Fred for offering the opportunity to partner with him.
Jimmy's Tip: We use simple rubber straps with hooks on each end to feed through the top channels and attached to our mesh rack. You can use ratchet straps, rope, or the custom seat belt webbing quick-release straps. Up to you and what you are comfortable with. Also, like any canvas product, when you first receive it, give it a good soak a few times to help water resistance and dry in the shade.
Did you find this post helpful? If so, it would be great if you could show some support by following Closet of Free Samples on TikTok
(as well as my other social media accounts @closetsamples) and by checking out my Etsy shop
! As a small creator, all your support makes a difference! Even a simple share of this post to your friends helps! Thanks so much!