- Sam’s Savings ($45 per year)
- Sam’s Business ($45 per year)
- Sam’s Plus ($100 per year)
1. Look for a Membership CouponAs we already know, customers can get the annual Sam’s Savings membership for $45 or a Sam’s Plus membership for $100. The $100 price tag for the latter membership comes with money-saving perks like $10 cash back once you spend $500, additional savings for pharmacy, business services and travel, and extended warranty coverage. Therefore, we strongly recommend buying the Sam’s Plus membership. However, before signing up and becoming a member, you should try to find a membership coupon. In general, the membership fee will be the same, but you’ll get Sam’s Club coupons and gift cards. If you would like to find a coupon, simply type in “Sam’s Club” into the Dealspotr search box or click here. Currently, there is a coupon that offers a $25 gift card, free pizza, and cookies at Sam’s Club for people who want to become a member. Therefore, if you sign up for a Sam’s Savings membership using our coupon, it will only cost you $20.
2. Shop at the Outside AislesAll stores display their products in a certain way that makes the customers purchase things they don’t necessarily need. That’s the main reason why most of us purchase items that we weren`t looking for. And of course, the expensive items are displayed in the center of the store with the goal of luring you into purchasing something that you probably don’t really need. With that being said, you should come into the store armed with the right mindset and only purchase the items on your list. And in most cases, you can find the best deals on the outside aisle where staple items like bread, eggs, and milk are sold at a cheaper price.
3. Look for the Clearance SectionSam’s Club carries a great deal of seasonal merchandise and tends to clear out seasonal items to make space for new items. Therefore, you can often find great clearances on various items that will save you a lot of money. And although each store is set up differently, Sam’s Club clearance section is typically hidden towards the back of the store (near the freezer section). It can also be found in the clothing and electronics section and sometimes even at the front of the store. In case you have trouble finding the clearance section, simply ask a store associate to show you where it is located. There’s no telling what you’ll find there, but in general, there will be electronics, clothes, and furniture with dents and scratches. For example, the last time we visited our Sam’s Club clearance section, we saw a dining room table for $50 (with the original price $250). You can find something similar on their website, and it’s called Last Chance Buys. That’s probably the easiest way to find an item you need for a ridiculously low price.
4. Take Advantage of the Instant SavingsOnce you become a Sam’s Club member, you’ll see “Instant Savings” signs, which are special discounts on selected items, offering members even more money off the already cheap prices. In other words, the Instant Savings program is another benefit available to Sam’s Club members that provides additional savings. You won’t have the annoyance of clipping coupons or collecting vouchers as the discount is automatically applied during checkout. The Instant Savings program contains new products, popular items and top selling brands. All members are enrolled within 24 hours after they sign up for the membership and they receive a special booklet throughout the year that informs them about the items that have Instant Savings. The program is available in all U.S. stores, excluding Puerto Rico. In addition, online shoppers can benefit from Instant Savings program as well. In fact, there’s a whole section on their website showing only currently available, heavily discounted items.
5. Use Free Health ScreeningsWe can all agree that health is the most important thing in our life and should always come first. With that being sad, you should always visit free health screening events that Sam’s Club hosts a few times throughout the year. For example, in 2016, there were three health screening events where you could check your glucose, cholesterol, and blood pressure free of charge, while similar screenings cost more than $150.
6. Free and Affordable Prescription DrugsMost prescription drugs are substantially cheaper at membership-only stores. For example, 100 pills that cost $40 at Walmart are around $10 at Sam’s Club. In fact, you can save anywhere from 25% to 77% on most prescriptions at a warehouse, which can save you a few hundreds of dollars per year. In addition, Sam’s Club Plus members save up to 8% on the name brand prescription medications and receive the following prescriptions free of charge:
- Vitamin D 50,000 IU