- Shop with Special Connections: Sunday, August 10th -- 3:30-6:30 PM; Elsa and Anna will be there for pictures and Facepainting, giveaways, crafts and more! More Information
Friday, August 8th
- Friday Nights at NOMA: 5-9pm; Art on the Spot; Music by Erin Demastes; Spanish Language tour of Behind Closed Doors with Marietta Fernandez Lopez; "Artful Palate" cooking demo with Chef Chris Montero of Cafe B and Cafe NOMA; Murals on Screen: Maria Candelaria (Xochimilco)
- Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles: 7pm; Barnes and Noble Metairie; Ninja Activities
Saturday, August 2nd
- Weswego Farmers Market: 8:30-12:30; 484 Sala Ave @ 4th St.; music, seafood, local produce, plants and more.
- Gretna Farmers Market: Large Covered Pavillon 2nd St and Huey P Long Ave; 8:30-12:30; rain or shine; local produce and artist
- Saturday Fun Craft: 10:30AM-12PM; Belle Terre Library; Ages 3-15
- Saturday Fun Craft: 11AM-12PM; Grand Isle Library
- StoryQuest: 11:30 AM; NOMA; Storytime with local artisit, authors and actors with a family friendly activity to encourage muesum exploration at the end. This week`s theme is China.
- Movie Matinee: 12:30-2:15PM; Gretna Library; Movie: Happy Feet Two
- Get Pop Cultured: Page and Screen Weekend: 1PM; Barnes and Noble Metairie and Westbank; games, raffles and giveaways
- Lakesure Science Matinee: 2:30-4:30PM; Lakeshore Library; Movie: The Lego Movie
- Pete the Cat and the New Guy: 3PM; Barnes and Noble Metairie; read th latest in the "Pete the Cat" series followed by a fun activity.
- Doctor Who Costume Contest: 4PM; Barnes and Noble Metairie; dress up as your favorite Doctor Who character.
Sunday, August 3rd
- Bayou Barn Fais Do Do: Noon - 6PM ; 7145 Barataria Blvd; Music By Treater Band; large dance floor; games; $5/person cover charge; $10 for dinner plate; more information