Hey bloggers and website owners! Did you know that you could earn extra cash from Media.net
? That is true if you have a niche website that provides content relating to finance, gifting, lifestyle, parenting, and credit and gadgets domain with traffic originating from Canada, the USA, and the UK.
Media.net is among the rapidly growing contextual adverts networks that assist publishers to monetize ad
positions on their blogs or websites by showing the relevant keyword tags. Currently, the ads network has a very large base of advertisers who mainly advertise on Bing and Yahoo networks.
offers the ad spaces for the advertisements. More recently, a Chinese consortium purchased the network for $900 million. In the year 2015, the network had reported $232 million as their profit for the year and spent over $450 million to pay the publishers. Around 90 percent of the company’s earnings are from the United States. It has offices in the Middle East, the US, and India. The company targets large, medium, and small size bloggers in addition to media houses. Therefore, even if your blog is the smallest you can start earning if it contains quality content and it is getting traffic from the United States, UK, and Canada. And because it is a contextual ad network, Media.net will post advertisements related to your website content. For example, if your content is about smartphones, your readers will see advertisements related to smartphones and their accessories.
- It is free to join and you will never pay anything
- It offers a powerful dashboard. The reports and graphs will help you track the performance of your website or blog
- The Revenue Per Thousand Impressions (RPM) is currently the best in the industry
- The ads network offers intuitive advert designs that will blend with the layout of your blog and result in high CTR. You can change the style of ads to match the design of your website or blog if a need arises.
- Allows you to fix ads or to use sticky sidebars. You can also allow ads on the sticky or fixed sidebars.
- The customer support is one of the best. After they have approved your website or blog, you will get a customer representative dedicated to your account. They will help you optimize your website or blog for their ads and maximize your earnings.
- The ads require double clicks from your website visitors. In other words, your site visitors have to click on the advert twice for you to earn.
- They do not update the revenue in real-time. You will have to wait for one day to see the day’s earnings.
- Requires website traffic from three countries only – UK, US, and Canada. If your website has been getting traffic from other countries, you will not earn.
How much can you earn with Media.net?
Media.net works on several models with the advertisers which include CPM, CPC, CPA, and CPL. The contextual adverts network translates all that to one metric for the publishers known as effective CPM. In other words, the publisher earns more revenue for every 1000 impressions of the media.net ads. Therefore, it is hard to predict the network rate for every ad. Moreover, the website does not provide any CPC rates for the ads they post or the CTR info. In other words, it is hard to predict the amount you will earn per click.
Nevertheless, if you earn $2 CPM for every media.net advert unit and they account for your click-through-rate at 0.5 percent, then you will make around 40 cents per week. The 0.5 percent is the double click rate on their ads. For you to earn, the user has to click on the keyword and then click the search ad link to enter the advertiser’s website. Media.net will only count the click if the user clicks the search ad link.
Media.net Payment Options
The contextual ads network
provides two payment methods for the publishers. Depending on your preferences, the contextual ads network will pay you either through Wire Transfer or PayPal. The minimum payment threshold stands at $100. The threshold is equivalent to that of AdSense and it should sound good to you if you have decent impressions.
If you are planning to make money from the contextual ads network, create an account, stick to their rules, and ensure that most of your audiences are in the three countries. If you fail to make any considerable amounts, then you can contact the Media.net account manager to switch you to the active display ads so that they can compete with the ads they place on your site. That way, you will be able to earn more money. Alternatively, the ads network is a great source of extra income and will run in parallel with other networks such as AdSense. If you are ready to get started, you just need to create an account.