I came home and saw I had an email from my reader and was working on my reply and thought, why not make a post to share this information with everyone since this is a common question? So here it goes. The email is as follows:
I have to tell you how much I love it, I check it every day. I too enjoy blogging but do not know how to use it to my advantage. I am a 29 year old mom to a 6 month old and I work from home full time. How do you make money blogging? I would love to do the same and quit my 8-5 job. Thank you,
So my response: I don`t make a lot of money blogging. Yes, I do make some money, but not much. I work full time to make my income and blogging is basically like a 2nd full time job you can say. I don`t make enough to quit my job and just stay home, although, I wish I could! Maybe one day! Some people do make a lot of money and become successful, while most of us will just do "alright". So here`s what I do to make money from blogging and at home in general.
- AFFILIATE LINKS - These are links where sponsors pay you for clicks, sign ups, etc. The ones I use are: Logical Media, MySavings & Commission Junction. These are free to join, of course.
- ONLINE JOBS - Such as survey sites are another great way to make a few extra dollars. These are pretty time consuming, but it`s a way of making money. I have a list of ones I have used, a small bit of details and if I`ve been paid or not. They are all free. NEVER pay to join a survey site. You should be getting paid for your work, not paying to work!
- OFFER A SERVICE - What I mean is offer something. For example, I offer Blog/Email Signatures for sale for just $1! I also make handmade jewelry. These are some little extras I offer and link up to on my blog. Big money makers? No, but it`s still extra money for people interested in what I have to offer.
- ADVERTISING OPTIONS - Offer advertising space on your blog. I offer various options that are available on my site, yours may vary on how you run your site. People are always looking to spread the word about themselves to offer them options to do so through you!
- SOCIAL NETWORKING - Well this isn`t necessarily going to make you money, but it does help bring people into contact with your site, that may normally not have found it. I have facebook, myspace, twitter and participate on various other sites when I have the time to do so. I have my RSS feed through to my social networking sites to help draw in new readers. The more readers, the more I have a chance of getting more out of my affiliate links. Plus, there`s also sites that offer paying you for "tweeting" their posts as well.Â
- DONATION BUTTON - This is just to offer readers to leave "tips" so to speak digitally. This I never made anything off of, but you never know who may come along and want to give you a little something extra for all your hard work.
There`s multiple ways of making money. You just have to find what works best for you and your situation. You won`t make money over night and the chances of you striking it rich isn`t very big either. So keep that in mind, you will be putting in a lot of extra time and extra just to make that "extra" bit of money. For me, since I love being online and blogging anyway, it works great. Whereas this routine may not work as great for others. One site I can already tell you that I did NOT like was google adsense. Right when I had FINALLY reached my payout mark with them they deleted my account with no explanation and I never got paid. So I definitely recommend everyone to stay away from them based off my experience. Others have been successful, but I had to put my opinion out there on that one. If you have any tips or advice feel free to share!