Everyone is happy when drinks are homemade. Try this super sweet and simple twist on a classic.
Serving Size: about 2 tbsp.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. DIY Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend
DIY Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning
Forget vanilla extract. This all-natural seasoning tastes scrumptious when sprinkled over sugar cookies right before popping them into the oven.
1¼ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup ground cinnamon
1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
1 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise*
1. Combine ingredients in Counterscaping Dry Container, insert vanilla bean halves, shake to combine and seal.
2. Store up to 6 months.
*Or substitute 3 tbsp. vanilla powder.
- In a small bowl stir, together cocoa powder, brown sugar and DIY Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend.
- Transfer to a Counterscaping Dry Seasoning Container. Cover and store in a cool dark place up to 6 months.
For Hot Chocolate:
Microwave 1 cup milk and 1 tbsp. of the Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix in a microwave safe mug 1 minute or until hot; do not boil. Stir until hot chocolate mix dissolves. Garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows.
For Mocha Coffee:
Place 1 tbsp. of the Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix in a mug of your favorite coffee; stir well until dissolved.