This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Excited to announce: It's officially PSL season! (Insert Pumpkin Spice Latte Meme). For all of our avid fall fans, you know exactly what we mean. This cozy, unique treat is the best way to get a touch of the sweet taste of fall! However, the game has changed...
There is a better way to enjoy this autumn classic without breaking the bank or waiting in line. DIY Lattes are in! You can now make your own PSL's at home using nutritious ingredients. Equally delicious, guilt-free.
What's in a Store-Bought Pumpkin Spice Latte?
The most popular fall drink universally is PSL. Most Store-Bought recipes include Milk, Espresso and Pumpkin Spice Syrup with Whipped Cream, Vanilla Syrup, and toppings.
Although sweet and delicious, these favorite chain recipes pack a lot of calories, fat, and sugar. Also, they come with a Pumpkin Spice Latte Price that is too rich for most people.
Choosing a Homemade Alternative:
This delicious treat is not meant to be solely a fattening dessert item. Pumpkin Nutrition
is a staple to American culture and includes nutrient-dense seeds.
Furthermore, there are various ways to prepare a PSL that are both equally delicious and nutritious. Below is our favorite fall Latte recipe that is perfect for cozying up by the fireplace with. It includes 6 simple ingredients and is both Vegan-Friendly & Dairy-Free!
- In a small saucepan, heat the Pumpkin Puree, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract & Spices over medium-low heat. Stir Constantly to combine and prevent burning. Warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the Soy Milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes, until heated throughout. Don't boil.
- Place mixture in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. (This will make the milk frothy too.)
- Add hot Espresso to each mug and pour Pumpkin Spice mixture on top.
- Top with vegan Whipped Cream, a sprinkle of Cinnamon and a garnish with Cinnamon Sticks. Enjoy!
- If you don't have an espresso maker, you can make a latte with 1/3-1/2 cup of strong coffee.
- If you don't have Pumpkin Spice Pie, substitute with 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon and a pinch each of Nutmeg, Ground Ginger and Ground Cloves.
- Soy milk is the best way to get your espresso frothy. However, you can substitute with other alternative Vegan Sources.
Other Ways to Make it Nutritious:
Who knew there were so many variations of one delicious drink? Looking to add more protein to your daily routine? Add a heaping scoop of Vanilla Protein
to your Latte for additional froth and thickness.
Crazy for Coconut? Substitute Soy Milk with Coconut Milk or add a Tbsp of Organic Coconut Oil
to your PSL for natural flavor. Some stores even sell Coconut Whipped Cream that is a great alternative to regular Cream.
Can't Get Enough of Pumpkin Spice Latte?
If you're a huge PSL enthusiast there are other unique ways to incorporate Pumpkin Spice into your fall routine. We've put our creative skills to the test to concoct a delightful DIY PSL recipe.
Our PSL Love Scrub
is our own creation that combines cozy Essential Oils, Carriers, Milk, and Sugar to create an invigorating aura that embodies Pumpkin Spice.
In a few simple steps, you can create this detoxifying and exfoliating sugar scrub that is perfect for your own spa-like experience. It's simple, sweet and perfect after a long brisk evening.