This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Choco-lover? If Almond Joys, or Reeses is your jam, then you're about to be in for a real...treat. Today we're going to introduce you to a recipe that will knock your socks off, and make you uninterested in spending money on store-brought indulgences. These All Natural Chocolate Almond Cups will hit the spot.
Made with creamy, homemade almond butter (we show you how to do this) and organic dark chocolate, it's a crowd pleaser. What's more? They aren't that bad for you since they are all natural, and contain 0 artificial additives.
Interested in making them? Here's the recipe for All Natural Chocolate Almond Cups.
- 3/4 Cup Organic Dark Chocolate (Chips or Chopped Bar)
- 1 Tsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 mL) Bottle
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter (see notes)
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds, 1 lb (454 g) Bag
- 12 muffin tray
- 12 muffin tray liners
- First, simply melt the Dark Chocolate, Almond Butter and Coconut Oil in a cup. To do this, microwave in 10-second intervals until smooth, melted.
- Second, stir the mix together, folding in the sliced almonds, and then pour into muffin cups in the tray.
- Third, place the tray in your refrigerator to solidify the cups.
- Remove from the refrigerator...ENJOY!
- Homemade Almond Butter
- To make the almond butter, simply add 1 cup of Almonds Raw Unsalted, 1 lb (454 g) Bag to a food processor. Scrape down the sides as it may come up while you process. Once uniform and creamy, set aside in a bowl.
Like this recipe? Comment below! Have a twist? Let us know!