My mouth has been watering for some fresh home made cookies for a while. Like other moms, I just don`t have the time to set up, bake, then clean up so I have yet to make any lately. Until today that is! King Arthur Flour
contacted me and asked me to not only review, but giveaway some of their Snickerdoodles Mix
to one of my readers!
What sets us apart?
There are four major qualities that set us apart from our larger competitors, enabling us to outpace them, the industry, and the overall economy.
- First, we have an earned respect. There is a sense that our enterprise is special in what it stands for, what it does, and how we do it. This shows itself in the uncommon efforts and contributions - not only from those who work here, but also those with whom we work.
- Second, we have honest enthusiasm that spills over to those with whom we do business - from current and prospective employees, to customers and suppliers.
- Third, we have a culture of inclusiveness. We communicate just about everything to everyone in our organization, empowering them as partners in our endeavor. Strategies, plans, ambitions, and challenges aren`t restricted to small circles behind closed doors - they`re known, understood, and appreciated throughout our company.
- Fourth, making money in itself is not our highest priority. We view profit and wealth-creation as inevitable byproducts of doing things well.
I was so surprised at how quick and easy it was to make these delicious cookies! All that I needed was their box of mix (as you see pictured), 1 large egg, and 6 tablespoons of melted butter! The back of the box provided super simple and easy directions to follow. I don`t consider myself an experienced baker, unless you count those pre-made cookie dough rolls going in the oven as real baking. So with that said, I believe anyone who is able to read can follow these directions!
I heated my over to 375` as directed. I then greased my cookie sheet to prepare for my cookies! You can also use parchment paper if you`d prefer instead.
Then I whisked together the egg along with my melted butter. Once it was completely mixed I went ahead and added in the cookie mix (which was what was sent to me) with the egg and butter. I stirred it until it was completely blended.
Once that part was complete I rolled the dough into balls. It recommends 1 1/14" balls if you want to make 16 cookies. I about 10 cookies a big larger than suggested.
The next step was to roll the balls of dough into the cinnamon-sugar mix, which was also provided in my mix box. Once I finished rolling mine in the cinnamon, I actually choose to dump the remaining amount of cinnamon onto the dough rolls while they rested on the cookie sheet. It helped bring out the flavor more in my opinion. Plus I didn`t want the yummy cinnamon sugar to go to waste!
Once I rolled my dough in the cinnamon sugar, I then placed them onto the baking sheet about 2" apart. The space apart allows space for the dough to spread out to look like a cookie as it bakes!
It is recommended to let your cookies back between 8 and 10 minutes. I set mine to bake for 9 minutes which worked out perfectly in my case! You know they`re ready because the cookies are crinkly at the top and the edges are firm. Let them cool off for about 5 minutes then enjoy!
They came out completely delicious when they were complete! Not only did I enjoy them, but my daughter did as well! We even had fun licking the bowl! If we weren`t so messy there would have been some good blackmail pics of us!
Our K.A.F. Kids mixes are fast, easy, and just plain yummy. Made of the best all-natural and organic ingredients, they feature the mild flavors and softer texture kids love. Add the expertise of the King Arthur test-baker moms who developed and perfected these mixes, and youâ€™ve got a guaranteed recipe for fun in the kitchen.
- Vanilla butter cookies are crisp around the edges, soft in the center, and sensational all the way through.
- Easy to bake, and perfect with milk after school.
- Makes 24 cookies.
Look to good to wait for the giveaway to end? Purchase your own cookies
! They`re only $6.95! Plus, Free French Toast Scone mix with your $60 purchase
Snickerdoodles Mix & White Whole Wheat Flower
*This entry must be completed or all other entries will be deleted, You must mention that you are following this blog & acomplete the task.*
be a follower of this blog AND
visit King Arthur Flour
and come back and let me know what product you would love to try! Be sure to leave your email address. If I have no way to contact you, I will choose another winner.
1 comment=1 entry
When making an entry I DO verify you have done what you say & that the mandatory entry has been completed. If no mandatory entry was completed all other entries will not qualify. Also, do not just say "i want to win this" or it will be deleted.Â
IF YOU WIN...
This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20.
Ends January 28, 2010
- (3 entries) Subscribe to my blog via Email & comment that you did so -if you already subscribed just let me know!
- (3 entries) Sign up for Swagbucks using my link. Be sure to let me know the 1st name & last initial you signed up under. --I WILL CHECK
- (3 entries) Subscribe to my Examiner Free Stuff Page
- (1 entry) Follow me onÂ Â Twitter & comment that you did so with your twitter user name -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Grab my button & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placed -if you did already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Digg my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile link
- (1 entry) Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet.
- (1 entry) Become a Fan on Facebook -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Subscribe to my blog via reader
- (1 entry) Follow my blog on Networked Blogs (right sidebar)
- (1 entry each)Â Subscribe to The Mommy Diary via email, google reader or follow with google friend connect.
- (5 entries) Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog. -You may blog more than once, 5 entries each --these can be done on a blog site, myspace, facebook, Gather, etc
- (1 entry) Leave a comment with your favorite item off Zazzle Me Ashley, Scrappin A Moment, Closet of Treasures Thrift Store. -1 entry for each one!