Silicone rings are totally in right now as they have a ton of benefits. Not to mention they are relatively inexpensive - especially if you compare the cost of a silicone ring to that of fine jewelry such as gold or even sterling silver! Some reasons that make silicone rings pretty awesome are:
- Safe from degloving – Silicone rings are flexible and they are designed to break under a lot of pressure in order to protect your fingers and remove the risk of degloving.
- Safe from anything else – These rings are also non-conductive and heat resistant and they don’t put in you in any danger.
- It’s so light – If your engagement or wedding ring feels a bit heavy at times and makes you a bit uncomfortable (don’t worry, we won’t tell) you might enjoy how light and comfortable silicone rings feel. You will probably even get a bit scared at times thinking you lost it, but no, it will still be there, just very discrete.
- You can choose a different color every day – Silicone rings come in different colors so you have the luxury of choosing a new one every day to match your mood or your attire.
- You can wear it anywhere – There are so many places where you cannot really wear a tungsten, silver, platinum or gold ring because it will get ruined. A silicone ring is still classy but it’s affordable so there’s no big loss if you ruin it at the gym. Silicone rings are perfect for firefighters, gym enthusiasts, electricians, construction workers, military personnel, mechanics, policemen and anyone who works with their hands.
Groove Life sent me a new ring to check out - their Zeus Ring
! This ring is perfect for the man that gets $h*t done!
The Zeus ring is for the warrior, the fighter, the man that pushes every part of life to the limit. The Zeus Anti-Stretch inner-molded band adds form and rigidity to the medical-grade silicone. Replace your metal ring today with our step-edge design and never look back. Also, Zeus rings don’t stretch, so they run a bit larger than the standard rings to fit over your knuckle. If you are in-between sizes, consider ordering the smaller size for optimal fit.
I got the Zeus ring for my husband to check out and he was pretty impressed with the ring. While it doesn't look like anything fancy, it has a nice, but simple, fashion statement while also being functional and serving the purpose of being a nice wedding ring - especially to wear when working on projects that would normally require taking off your fine jewelry, such as your wedding ring.
One thing to note about the Zeus ring, compared to the other Groove Life rings, is that it is a slight bit bulkier than the other rings we have tried. Not super bulging out type of bulky. Just a slight bit more bulk to it compared to the other designs I have tried in the past. Of course, it is still lightweight and it didn't get in the way for everyday tasks while wearing the ring. It's also still breathable on the finger.
Ultimately, this ring was a hit and my husband loves it! It's now a spare for him to wear so he no longer has to risk his original wedding band!