There are many benefits that accompany rechargeable batteries and their battery charger. We were impressed as we reviewed and researched the plethora of battery chargers that are available on today's market. Within the top ten products alone you will find battery chargers with an LCD screen to tell you how charged each of your batteries is, battery chargers that come in a protective case for organization and travel purposes and battery chargers that can be used across the world because of an international voltage range. In addition to the features available in battery chargers, there are solid benefits that come from using rechargeable batteries as well.
1. Convenient Rechargeable batteries can easily and conveniently be recharged with a simple battery charger. Battery chargers come in a variety of designs which are continually evolving and becoming more convenient, reliable, easy to use and durable. Some battery chargers will charge a number of different types of batteries - a convenient feature given the many different types of batteries we all use. Also, battery chargers can now charge in a number of ways: through a wall outlet, a computer USB port, and even a carport. So no matter what your resources are, you have more battery charger options than ever before to keep fully charged batteries close at hand.
2. Better Performance Rechargeable batteries use 1.2 volts of energy the entire time they are in use. Disposable batteries start at 1.5 volts and progressively get lower until it they are dead. By using rechargeable batteries, you get peak performance at all times, even when the "low battery" signal comes on. Some battery chargers provide a "refresh" mode which will drain your rechargeable batteries before fully charging them again. This mode and function ensure that you always get the optimum performance and life from your batteries.
3. Earth Friendly Nickel metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries are better for the environment than nickel cadmium (NiCd) rechargeable batteries, but both are better than disposable batteries. Rechargeable batteries produce less waste because they can be recharged with a simple battery charger and reused hundreds of times. They also use less energy because recharging batteries with a battery charger is more energy efficient than the cost and energy of making new batteries.
4. Save Time Instead of running to the store or making a trip to the battery section each time you run out of batteries, think how much time you would save by having rechargeable batteries and a battery charger in your own home, ready to use at any time. Simply put the fully charged batteries in the device and stick the dead ones on the battery charger. Even if you don't have extra recharged batteries, in as little as 15 minutes you could have your batteries fully charged again, which beats the time it would take to get to the store, get the batteries, purchase them and get home to use them.
5. Save Money Although the initial cost of a battery charger plus the rechargeable batteries may make you feel like making the transformation isn't worth it, think about it in the lolong-termense. Rechargeable batteries are capable of being used more than 500 times. Imagine buying one pack of batteries instead of 500. Does it seem worth it now? Although rechargeable batteries and the initial battery charger can be somewhat costly, there are some fairly inexpensive options that will work just fine. For as low as $10 you can get a battery charger with a built-in timer which protects your rechargeable batteries and extends their life. Additional things to look at when you purchase a battery charger for your rechargeable batteries are shown in our side-by-side comparison of battery chargers. No matter which batteries and battery charger you choose, you can rest assured that it is money well spent. Aside from the convenience and environmentally friendly aspects of using rechargeable batteries, over the course of their lifetime, the rechargeable batteries could potentially save you hundreds of dollars each year.
I`m so used to the typical batteries that in all honesty, I haven`t thought about considering rechargeable batteries until recently when I discovered the DE 14500 Li-ion Button Top Rechargeable Batteries with Charger
. This is so simple, yet such a great idea when you`re the type who constantly uses batteries. To try out my new rechargeable batteries I figured what better way than to try it on my new DE 14500 Li-ion Button Top Rechargeable Batteries with Charger
. I found the charger recharged the batteries fairly quickly with its 3.7 volts with a capacity of 750mAh power charge. The charger light will be solid red while charging, when the charge is finished the light changes to green. The charger measures 2.5 x 1.5 x 5.2 inches so it`s not huge in size, but it`s not exactly compact either. One thing I don`t care too much for with this is that you have to be careful when inserting some batteries into this charger in order to make sure the battery contacts are aligned with the charger contacts. I find the problem is that in designing the battery slot to fit varying widths of batteries, the designers went with a wide cylindrical shape for the battery slot. So while the batteries go in and will charge, it can be a bit difficult and a pain in comparison to other chargers. Also, the 14500 Li-Ion batteries are described as AA size. Besides being 3.7V instead of 1.5V, 14500 batteries are 4 mm longer than AA batteries, which means 14500 batteries may or may not fit in a given AA slot. Overall it`s a nice charger, but I believe it could use some improvements.
Buy Now Try Amazon Prime