Are you expecting or already have a young child, maybe even a pet, that you want to keep out of cabinets? If so, check out the SafetyForYourKids Magnetic Cabinet and Drawer Locks
on Amazon. This particular kit comes with
10 locks 2 keys, 4 corner protectors, and 4 outlet covers. Basically, a great starter kit!
Here are a few quick details about the locks:
- BYE, BOO-BOOS – Keep your curious one secure with SafetyForYourKids’ magnetic child safety locks!
- NOT A SCRATCH – Ditch the drill, and lock cabinets and drawers with your baby safety set!
- LIKE MAGIC – Your 10 baby locks endure tugging yet easily unlock thanks to strong tape and 2 keys!
- ULTRA AID – Your full child safety kit has outlet + corner covers, stickers, and strong adhesives!
- SECURE SATISFACTION – Let your little one explore with assurance in your drawer lock set’s quality!
As a mom, I have used my fair share of cabinet locks. When my kids were younger, the kind you had to drill into your cabinets and use tools was the popular option. Now, there are many options, including kits like this don't even need any tools! You just peel the adhesive, place the locking system, and use the magnet to unlock it. No tools are necessary! This kit comes with everything you need so there are no hidden surprise tools you have to go dig up to install. Seriously, this is super simple.
As far as the quality goes, I find that this particular kit is nice quality and well made. While these are plastic (as with most baby locking mechanisms), I find it to be a nice quality plastic that seems to hold up well to being dropped, even on my hard tile floor. One thing to keep in mind is that this for younger children in the baby stages. As the child grows and has a bit of muscle behind their pulling, they will be able to open the cabinets. However, I find this is the case with other security baby locks as well.
The bottom line is that I feel that this is a nice kit that is durable, well made, well constructed, and does the job of helping to keep your baby/young child safe. Installation is easy and will save you headaches and holes in your furniture/home. I definitely feel these are worth the investment and you won't be disappointed!