This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
You may notice that Elderberries
are become increasingly popular in natural foods markets and in the supplement industry. This might leave you wondering...
What are Elderberries? Where do Elderberries grow? How do Elderberries grow? What do Elderberries taste like? Where can I buy Elderberries?
As a consumer, you're naturally anxious to learn more about products as they become hot. We know this. Which is why we will answer everything you need to know in this article. Let's start with the basics!
What are Elderberries?
Elderberry Sambucus refers to several different varieties of the Elderberry Tree, a flowering plant belonging to the Adoxaceae family. It's native to Europe and North America and thrives in various fertile soils with lots of sunlight. Gently hanging off the Elderberry bush is the infamous little berries that everyone goes crazy for!
The fruit of this tree is where all the nutrients are found. Elderberries contain naturally-occurring Anthocyanidins, an antioxidant that gives them their distinct, dark-blue color. Elderberries taste mostly tart. However, they are also subtly sweet especially when fresh. They're often made into delicious jams and are used in baking recipes like pies and to make Elderberry Syrup
Elderberry contains naturally-occurring antioxidants and phenolic compounds. It’s also a strong source of beneficial vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Potassium, Vitamin C, Folate and Iron. Moreover, quality sourcing is a crucial component of the nutrition process. Make sure your Elderberries are coming from a trusted source that is keen on purity and potency.
Reputable supplement brands prioritize every step of the process from sourcing raw materials, to manufacturing, packaging, and delivery. Always check your labels for ingredients for further assurance.
There are a few ways to reap the benefits of this fruit's nectar. Some people like to experience the taste of Elderberries in their natural form. Others find supplements more convenient. This is all based on preference. Below are some of the best ways to add Elderberry to your routine with Piping Rock products:
What's unique about Piping Rock? Our formulas are crafted in our own “GMP Certified” manufacturing facilities. We verify Piping Rock products with third-party, FDA-registered agencies to ensure quality & purity. Each product goes through hundreds of checks, in-process and post-production. Furthermore, we can assure you that everything that is on our label is consistent with what goes into our Vitamins & Supplements. We guarantee purity, potency, safety, and innovation in everything we do!
Other Antioxidant Sources:
Antioxidants are naturally found in abundant fruit and herb sources. Which kinds are best? Below is a list of some of the most nutritious sources:
- Dark Chocolate: Includes minerals like Iron, Magnesium, and Zinc. Also, a strong source of Flavonoids.
- Blueberry: Much like Elderberry, Blueberry carry naturally occurring Anthocyanins and other Polyphenols.
- Spinach: Green Leafy vegetables like Spinach are notoriously rich in vitamins and minerals. Most notably, a great source of Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
- Goji Berry: Goji Berry is often labeled a “Super Food” because of its presence of antioxidants. It contains beneficial phytochemicals such as Polysaccharides and Beta-Carotene.
- Red Cabbage: Red Cabbage contains vital nutrients from which it derives its vibrant pigment. It's important to add nutritious reds to diversify your diet!
- Beetroot: Beetroot is another valuable red that is touted as a "Super Food." Beetroot contains a plethora of Vitamins and Minerals, most notably Betalains which give it its acclaimed, bold color.
Like our Post? Pin it!